Since 1866, Hamilton & Inches has been Scotland’s premier destination for fine jewellery, luxury watches and hand-crafted silver. Based in the heart of the Scottish capital, we have maintained our jewellery & silver workshops since our inception and have a held a Royal Warrant as silversmiths to Her Majesty the Queen for more than 120 years. To this day, we proudly continue to curate a range of fine jewellery designed and made from our own artisan team and workshops.
Our expert team comprises of a number of specialists in a variety of fields, including master polishers, silversmiths, and engravers, all of whom have received their knowledge and skills from previous generations. Hamilton & Inches also houses some of the world’s finest watch and jewellery collections with partners including Patek Philippe and Rolex. Hamilton & Inches continues to offer a range of specialist in-house services including repairs, engravings, and valuations.
Hamilton & Inches Customer Service Assistant/Administrator is a key role to support all activities across the Service department. This department continues to grow so this dynamic role is suited to a team player with excellent communication & organisational skills, and with an unwavering commitment to customer service.
- To assist in all activities in the Service department, ensuring excellent customer care and clear communication
- Process incoming repairs and outgoing repairs to customers and Manufacturers and local workshops
- Use the brand service portals where available
- Manage incoming emails, calls, and internal supplier communication
- Ensure all customer enquiries are promptly dealt with and the correct administration procedures are followed.
- Provide clear records of customer interactions to be accessible to all team members
- To perform clerical duties associated with the work of the department, i.e. completion of Pursuit repairs system documentation and any other relevant documentation.
- Assist in keeping relevant teams informed of repairs pricing, deadlines etc and training where applicable.
- General assistance of the Valuation department providing administrative and communication support
- Build strong client relationships through consistent and accurate communication
- Handle customer complaints in conjunction with the wider service team and escalating to Service Supervisor and Showroom Manager when necessary.
- Work effectively alongside multiple teams to achieve overall team KPI’s and targets
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment in the workshop ensuring all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Represent the brand image of Hamilton & Inches ensuring positive impact on all suppliers and customers
Key skills and experience:
- Customer support experience or experience as a Client Service Representative
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Well organised and strong administration skills
- Strong IT skills and familiar with Office 365
- An approachable, confident, courteous manner and ability to provide a high standard of customer care
- Work well within a team, be enthusiastic, proactive, take initiative and have a problem-solving mind-set
- Knowledge of luxury goods/jewellery/watches (desirable)
Our teams span from sales, finance, production, servicing, marketing, silversmiths, jewellers and more. We are regularly on the look out for the best in each discipline and strive to maintain a team we are proud of. If you want to be part of something special, and think you have what it takes to play your part in our next 150 years, send your CV with a covering email explaining why you’d be a perfect fit for our business to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 31st December 2022