About Hamilton & Inches
For 155 years, Hamilton & Inches has created a legacy of being Scotland’s most luxury jeweller. Our rich heritage of historic milestones, such as being appointed a Royal warrant holder, our recent investment into our future with newly refurbished showroom and our magnificent, handcrafted silverware creates the foundation from which our employees build upon each day.
Hamilton & Inches employees are passionate, kind and professionally committed. We hold ourselves and our co-workers to very high standards. Our respect and dedication to our brand creates a workplace like no other.
Report directly to the Assistant Showroom Manager.
Hamilton & Inches Sales Consultants hold the vital position in the heart of our showroom. Embodying the brand in every customer interaction, each Hamilton & Inches Sales Consultant is an excellent communicator and positive brand ambassador. Your passion will be conveyed in every interaction and a proactive spirit is prevalent throughout the team. The love of building your own business by developing client relationships and exceeding personal sales targets is first and foremost in the Hamilton & Inches sales consultants’ skill set.
At Hamilton & Inches, we are privileged to be a part of significant milestones in the lives of our customers and strive to deliver a personalised experience.
We are looking for motivated, engaging salespeople and welcome applicants with relevant watches or jewellery experience. Jewellery qualifications such as Jet 1, Jet 2 and GIA are useful, but not a pre-requisite.
- Achieve or exceed personal sales target set by Showroom Assistant Manager.
- Utilise strategic selling skills to effectively identify customer needs and close sales.
- Be a part of the high performing showroom team delivering outstanding experiences to Hamilton & Inches’ customers whilst ensuring efficient day-to-day running of the showroom.
- Create and maximise sales opportunities with all customers through efficient relationship management and creating a personal luxury experience fitting to Hamilton and Inches standard.
- Positively contribute to the Hamilton & Inches brand, being a brand ambassador at all times.
- Demonstrate passion, personality, and confidence in selling Hamilton & Inches jewellery and silverware, alongside prestigious watch brands.
- Accurately process sales transactions for customer purchases in line with company procedures.
- Continually develop in-depth, specialist product knowledge and provide customers with the most up to date information on products or services we offer.
- Deal professionally with customer complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Care and take responsibility for our stock items and ensure items for sale are clearly ticketed with the correct details and either rectify or report any anomalies to the Assistant Showroom Manager and the Stock Team.
- Keep the showroom and any staff areas clean, tidy, and replenished.
- Attend training courses and continually develop in-depth product knowledge. Completion of key brands or partners accreditation courses is mandatory.
- Communicate and work effectively alongside the wider Hamilton & Inches team.
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment ensuring all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Always maintain client confidentiality.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Previous retail or luxury retail experience or relevant customer related experience, including hospitality.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets.
- Willingness and be flexible to work non-traditional business hours including nights, weekends and bank holidays.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, customer service skills and the ability to prioritise while handling multiple tasks is required.
- Ability to work with a diverse client base.
- Proficiency in Point of Sales (POS) systems and Microsoft Offices/Outlook/e-mail.
- Must have authorisation to work in the United Kingdom.
Pay & Conditions
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Group personal pension.
- Access to premium medical support services.
- Benefits: DIS / income protection.
If this sounds like the ideal role and you have the experience to fulfil the job successfully, please send your CV with a covering email explaining why we should consider you to: firstname.lastname@example.org.