Since 1866, Hamilton & Inches has been Scotland’s premier destination for fine jewellery, luxury watches and hand-crafted silver. Based in the heart of the Scottish capital, we have maintained our jewellery & silver workshops since our inception and have a held a Royal Warrant as silversmiths to Her Majesty the Queen for more than 120 years. To this day, we proudly continue to curate a range of fine jewellery designed and made from our own artisan team and workshops.
Our expert team comprises of a number of specialists in a variety of fields, including master polishers, silversmiths, and engravers, all of whom have received their knowledge and skills from previous generations. Hamilton & Inches also houses some of the world’s finest watch and jewellery collections with partners including Patek Philippe and Rolex. Hamilton & Inches continues to offer a range of specialist in-house services including repairs, engravings, and valuations.
Hamilton & Inches Service Assistant is a key role to support all activities across the Service department. This department continues to grow so this dynamic role is suited to a team player with excellent communication & organisational skills, and with an unwavering commitment to customer service.
- To assist in all activities in the Service department, ensuring excellent customer care and clear communication
- Process incoming repairs and outgoing repairs to customers and Manufacturers and local workshops
- Use the brand service portals where available
- Manage incoming emails, calls, and internal supplier communication
- Ensure all customer enquiries are promptly dealt with and the correct administration procedures are followed.
- Provide clear records of customer interactions to be accessible to all team members
- To perform clerical duties associated with the work of the department, i.e. completion of Pursuit repairs system documentation and any other relevant documentation.
- Assist in keeping relevant teams informed of repairs pricing, deadlines etc and training where applicable.
- General assistance of the Valuation department providing administrative and communication support
- Build strong client relationships through consistent and accurate communication
- Handle customer complaints in conjunction with the wider service team and escalating to Service Supervisor and Showroom Manager when necessary.
- Work effectively alongside multiple teams to achieve overall team KPI’s and targets
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment in the workshop ensuring all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Represent the brand image of Hamilton & Inches ensuring positive impact on all suppliers and customers
Key skills and experience:
- Customer support experience or experience as a Client Service Representative
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Well organised and strong administration skills
- Strong IT skills and familiar with Office 365
- An approachable, confident, courteous manner and ability to provide a high standard of customer care
- Work well within a team, be enthusiastic, proactive, take initiative and have a problem-solving mind-set
- Knowledge of luxury goods/jewellery/watches (desirable)
Closing date: 27th September 2022