Hamilton & Inches
Hamilton & Inches is one of the finest jewellers in the country with 155 years of heritage creating beautiful jewellery and silverware. We hold a Royal Warrant as Silversmiths and Clock Specialists to Her Majesty The Queen.
We are embarking on a new strategy for growth and an opportunity has arisen for an exceptional watch technician to join the team. We are looking to recruit a workshop watch technician to support the busy service workshop in Hamilton & Inches. If you are experienced within the industry and keen to take the next step in a challenging and dynamic environment and wanting to share your passion for excellence then this could be the ideal role for you.
The watchmaker’s role will initially involve: changing watchstraps, adjusting watch bracelets, fitting watch batteries and re-sealing watch cases as and when required. Over time, this remit will expand to additional watch repair and servicing tasks, once the appropriate training - either in-house or with specific brand suppliers - has been completed to our standards. The opportunity to advance to become a fully accredited watchmaker will be available for the right candidate.
Whether your existing experience has been gained on the bench away from direct customer contact, or you have built your capability on the job serving customers within a retail jewellery store, your expertise will be valuable to our client, provided you can pass the future bench test.
- Support the service and sales team in all aspects of watch repairs
- Have a great understanding of technical/horological principles
- Ensuring a comprehensive development and training plan to further advance understanding of watchmaking, new advancements and watchmaking technologies and new models of watches
- Support the customers’ watch selection with expert pre-sales advice
- Support increased repair revenues by liaising with the service, sales and marketing teams to develop a communication programme for future servicing of watches at recommended service intervals
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Represent the brand image of Hamilton & Inches ensuring positive impact and image on customers
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment ensuring all health and safety policies are adhered to
- Demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge and attention to detail
- Be able to manage, motivate and inspire the Hamilton & Inches team
- Great commercial awareness and have exceptional attention to detail
- Have fantastic organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
Pay & Conditions
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Group personal pension
- Access to premium medical support service
- Benefits: DIS / income protection
How to Apply
If this sounds like the ideal role and you have the experience, we are asking for then please send your CV with a covering email explaining why we should consider you for the role to email@example.com
Please note we regret to inform that we are unable to process applications for people who do not meet all the requirements of the role.