Creating an account has many benefits: check out faster, keep more than one address, track orders and more.
Since 1866, Hamilton & Inches has been Edinburgh premier destination for fine jewellery, luxury watches and hand-crafted silver. We are proud to operate our own craft workshops at 87 George Street, home to our exceptional silversmiths, goldsmiths, polishers, hand-engravers, and watchmakers. As we continue to support the future of craft in Scotland and beyond, we are seeking an Apprentice Polisher to join the team and become the next generation to possess a rare and precious skillset.
Our award-winning polishing department are responsible for the polishing and restoration of varying precious items. From world renowned trophies to smaller items including jewellery, silverware and Highland dress, pieces are crafted from gold, silver, platinum and more.
It takes years of experience and lots of practice to ensure each item is perfectly finished, without losing its unique character. This is a rare and unique opportunity to learn from our Master Polisher and some of the finest craftspeople in the UK.
- Training alongside our Master Polisher, completing full apprenticeship training programme
- Learn a working knowledge of precious metals and precious/semi-precious stones
- Perfecting finishes on metal surfaces via polishing, sanding, plating, buffing, and finishing
- Undertaking extensive health and safety training, including the use of Safety Data Sheets, PPE and the management of associated chemicals and machinery.
- Completing basic training in the art of silversmithing and hand-engraving as required
- Manage workload to ensure customer deadlines are met, taking more responsibility as experience is gained.
- Support the workshops and showroom as required
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest quality standards
- Support production of special commissions for clients
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken
- Take responsibility for a safe working environment in the workshop ensuring all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times • Represent the brand image of Hamilton & Inches ensuring positive impact and image on customers
- Strong eye for detail and strives for high standards across all areas of their work
- Experience creating bespoke and in repairing fine pieces, including high value pieces
- Works well within agreed timescales in a structured and focused manner
- Punctual and hard-working
- Enjoy manual work
- Must be aged 16+
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English
- Eligible to work in the UK
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary (Living wage employer)
- Group personal pension
- Access to premium medical support services
- DIS / income protection
Our teams span from sales, finance, production, servicing, marketing, silversmiths, jewellers and more. We are regularly on the look out for the best in each discipline and strive to maintain a team we are proud of. If you want to be part of something special, and think you have what it takes to play your part in our next 150 years, send your CV with a covering email explaining why you’d be a perfect fit for our business to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 31st December 2022